Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to safeguarding the information you provide to us. In order to better serve your needs now and in the future, we may ask you to provide us with certain information.
We Are Committed to Safeguarding Member Information
To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available to you in writing and online, at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
Types of Information
The types of nonpublic personal information that we may collect includes:
- Information we receive from you on applications, forms, and in other communication to us, whether in writing, in person, by telephone, or any other means.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliated companies or others.
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency.
This notice applies to all information collected on yourself (or your organization) on the Overwatch Alliance website. The types of personal information we may collect on some of these pages are: Name, Address, Email, Phone, Number, Credit/Debit Card Information, etc.
On some pages, you can submit information about other people. For example, if you donate money online and want an acknowledgement sent directly to the recipient, you will need to submit the recipient's address. In this circumstance, the types of personal information collected are: Name, Address, Phone Number, etc.
The Way We Use Information
We request information from you for our own legitimate business purposes and not for the benefit of any nonaffiliated party. Therefore, we do not release your information to nonaffiliated parties except: (1) as necessary for us to provide the product or service you have requested to us; or (2) as permitted by law. We may however store such information indefinitely, including the period after which any donor/recipient/beneficiary relationship has ceased. Such information may be used for any internal purpose, such as quality control efforts or analysis. We may also provide all of the types of nonpublic personal information listed above to one or more of our affiliated companies. Such affiliated companies include financial service providers, actuaries, auditors and trust and investment advisory companies.
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and to share with advertisers. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out forms on our site, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Donors to the Alliance
Overwatch Alliance honors the privacy and confidentiality of all of those contributing to the Alliance and will not release any names, addresses, phone numbers or e-mail addresses to any outside charity or organization for the purpose of solicitation.
Personal information of the donors is collected so the Alliance may provide written substantiation to the donors.
- The Alliance will not at any time sell or share a list of donors or sell or share the data base of donors.
- The Alliance will only use e-mail addresses to answer e-mail we receive, and to send news about the Alliance to the donor. If the donor does not wish to receive e-mails from the Alliance, the donor can advise they wish to “opt out” of e-mails.
- The Alliance will attempt to forward e-mail requests to the donors, but will not release the e-mail address to the requestor.
- The Alliance expresses their appreciation to all donors by listing the cumulative giving levels in published documents such as newsletters and brochures.
- The information listed will only include the level of cumulative giving, a name and the company or organization if applicable. If the donor does not wish to be listed, the donor may advise the Alliance via-email, telephone or in writing.
Overwatch Alliance honors the privacy and confidentiality of its beneficiaries and grant recipients, and will not release any names, addresses, phone numbers or e-mails of the beneficiaries/recipients without their written permission. We will attempt to forward e-mail requests to the beneficiaries/recipients, but will not release the e-mail address to the requester.
Confidentiality and Security
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect and maintain by requesting it in writing from Overwatch Alliance at P.O. Box 160384, Nashville, TN 37216.
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Internal Revenue Service
How to Contact Us
“Because of your donation, another military life has been changed for the better. Every week, USA Cares responds to hundreds of requests, all asking for some sort of help. I cannot describe to you how gratifying it is to be able to tell these families, “Don’t worry, we’ve got your back”. This would not be possible without you. THANK YOU for your gift to USA Cares. We appreciate your commitment to joining with us to help post 9/11 military families weather their financial emergencies.”
– Peter L. Giusti, President, USA Cares, Inc.– Peter L. Giusti, President, USA Cares, Inc.